Friday, April 13, 2012

a word from pastry studio



UPDATE 4/16/12
Thanks to some sort of luck from the software gods and a ton of patience, I was able to get into my file today to try and rebuild the content using the new Blogger templates. It's not exactly the same but close enough for now. You should now have full access to the archives and the Recipe Index.

I want to thank everyone for all the really kind notes left in the comment section and via email. You are all very much appreciated. It's really good to know we can carry on together with our pastries and desserts.

----

Dear pastry studio readers,

As you may know, Blogger, the blogging platform I use to publish pastry studio, was bought out by Google a while back. Google is now in the process of switching over to a whole new platform with a whole new set of Blogger templates and functions. Unfortunately, somewhere in the shuffle it ate a large portion of my blog. I’ve tried to retrieve my old template and all the previous category and design pages, but so far I’ve been unable to even get back into either the old system or into the new one, which informs me I’ll lose all my archived material if I choose to use their new system. What this means for my readers is there is no access to the Recipe Index or the "categories" pages and no way to sign up for email or an rss feed at this time. I think I will still be able to post in this established blog space when Google finishes their upgrade. As you can imagine, I’m more than beyond frustrated.

Please accept my apologies for this mess. I hope to sort it out someday soon. And thanks again for being such great supporters of my efforts here. I so appreciate all of you.

Warmest regards,
pastry studio

21 comments:

FilosofĂ­a de Sabor said...

Oh, what a pitty... Sorry to hear that! As a blogger I´ll be terrified to loose all the info, for me, my blog is like a worbook.

Thanks for the info, somehow I´ll try to save the posts.

Best regards,
Julieta GB

pastry studio said...

Julieta, thanks for your kind commiseration. For now, you can still get to previous posts by using the calendar archives in the right hand column on the home page or by clicking on the "Labels" category link at the end of each post. I'm really hoping this is a temporary blip and I can somehow salvage the other pages and the old design elements. After 5 years of writing this blog, it's a real frustration to have to deal with this.

Rosie said...

That sounds like a nightmare.
I'm glad you're going to keep blogging, I really love your work.
Good luck!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

GASP - Oh No!! I hate when "they" change things - so many problems arise and there are so many bugs to work out. I hope you get it all sorted out soon.

movita beaucoup said...

Sigh. This must be so terribly, terribly frustrating. But know that I'll continue to follow your lovely self... no matter what blogger does to try to thwart my efforts!

A Plum By Any Other Name said...

Oh I am so sorry! That's terrifying! I hope you get it figured all out. My heart (and stomach) go out to you!

Foodiewife said...

GASP! What a horror, and I am so sorry. I do hope that you are able to recover all of your beautiful recipes. I need to figure out how to backup my blog. Stat. Best of luck to you. (Do I see Word Press in your future?)

Karine said...

This must be so stressful for you. I am about to start my own blog and I thought it wiser to purchase via Google my own site. Have you considered doing so? It is only 10$ a year and you get your own link. So you would be www.pastrystudio.com. Then I think you would avoid problems like these. If I were in your shoes I would write to Google and ask them to migrate my archives to my new link. I am sure they could and would help you. Good luck. You have some great recipes. Would be a great loss to all of us to lose them. :)
Regards, Karine Keldany

lindsay said...

this is devestating! so sorry to hear.

but you're so creative and talented, even if it doesn't get sorted out, you have so much more up your sleeves.

pastry studio said...

It's so sweet and gratifying to hear from all of you. Thank you! You are the loveliest.

Karine, I am thinking about your idea. Need to sort out the details without losing my readers.

lindsay, I do definitely have other things up my sleeve. Stay tuned!

fluffbuff said...

Oh no! I'd be pulling my hair out right now. I can only hope that once Google is done with the transition you'll be able to access all of your old posts. Perhaps the best course of action for now is to wait. There will be lots of bloggers in your situation and Google has to deal with the issue.
Bake yourself something good (you know how to!) while we all keep our fingers crossed for you.

In bocca al lupo! (that's Italian for "break a leg")

The Devil's Food Advocate said...

I hope you get all this figured out soon, and please don't go anywhere else without telling us. Looking forward to more Pastry Studio soon...

Cook with Claire said...

Oh my goodness -- I am so sorry you have had to deal with this headache! I hope everything will be back to normal sooner than later. I, like so many others, appreciate your wonderful blog so very much. Thanks for all of your hard work!
Claire

Anonymous said...

Poor you...that's so annoying! Love the blog, hope this doesn't discourage you!

Heather said...

How darned frustrating for you! Why can't they leave good things alone! Yours is my favorite blog on my list. I hope you will be able to get all your excellent back soon.

Victoria said...

I keep hoping that when I click on your link, the problem will be solved; it is a nightmare. Your blog is so beautiful, and I really like the Simple Template myself, and I hate that they are changing things.

Plus, this terrifies me too.

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! Strangely, I searched for a particular recipe and was lead to the recipe index, here: http://pastrystudio.blogspot.com/search/label/RECIPE%20INDEX

Maybe that will help some others who love this blog as much as I do?!

Good luck with the transition...

Beth said...

Hang in there, we'll be here when you get it all sorted out. Good luck!

Barbara said...

Every time I got to dashboard, I see that update notification at the top. So far, I haven't clicked on it. After reading this, I'm not going to. At least not until they force me into it.
Really sorry about the mess you've had, but pleased to read things are improving.

pastry studio said...

Hello, Barbara. That was sort of my thinking, too. But I went ahead and must have somehow done something wrong. I still wish I could figure out how it all happened. I'm sure your transition will be much smoother!!

lindsay said...

yay! so happy for you!